Protect Yourself this Flu Season with Great Florida Insurance
Last year’s flu season was a big one. According to a study by Walgreens, influenza was responsible for 100 million lost work days, $7 billion in lost wages, and 32 million school absences. That’s nothing to sneeze at! It’s important to have great Florida insurance to cover your doctor’s visits, medications and anything else you may need to get you through this year’s flu season. You can also follow these simple tips to prevent the seasonal flu:
- Get your flu shot. This is the most effective thing you can do to avoid getting sick. Luckily, flu shots are available practically everywhere these days, from doctor’s offices to pharmacies to big box stores.
- Avoid close contact. Is a family member sick? Keep your distance until he or she is feeling better.
- Wash your hands. So simple! Carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you for instances when soap and water are unavailable.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are most often spread when a person touches a contaminated surface and then touches his or her eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits. Drink plenty of fluids, eat a balanced diet and get plenty of sleep. Take a vitamin C supplement if you feel it is necessary.
Avoiding the flu is easy if you follow all the right steps. Sometimes it’s unavoidable, so find a great Florida insurance policy that will provide you with coverage when you get sick. And don’t forget to wash your hands!